Breathing exercises are a very effective technique for calming the body and mind – and they work for both children and adults. Below are a few of my favorite breathing exercises to do with children, with creative visualizations and playful elements to make them more engaging. The same techniques work for adults, and I encourage you to try them on your own as well!
Kids Yoga Games for the Virtual Classroom
Here are 6 fun yoga games that can be conducted in the virtual classroom - in either a yoga class or for a fun stretch break in another class - to build community and interactivity in the classroom. These are also great activities to do at home with parents and siblings!
7 Benefits of Kids Yoga
In 2017, 8 percent of children in the United States ages 4 to 17 — or 4.9 million – practiced yoga. While it’s wonderful that so many kids are being exposed to yoga, there is an opportunity to share the benefits of yoga with the other 92% of children who have yet to try it. … Continue reading 7 Benefits of Kids Yoga
Welcome to My Blog
Welcome to the launch of my new website and blog! I am a yoga, meditation, and music teacher and am excited to share some of my knowledge through this blog. I am an RYT-200 Teacher with a certification in Kidding Around Yoga (KAY). Currently, I teach at a music school in Pittsburgh, PA and enjoy … Continue reading Welcome to My Blog